2020 begins with the launch of realme X50 5G , the new top of the range of the OPPO sub-brand that we have been talking about for weeks, between rumors and teasers. The smartphone is not a real top of the range, although the technical characteristics are respectable. First of all, the aesthetic aspect, with a glass shell that features a quad camera on the back. On the front stands out the perforated display , a 6.57 ″ Full HD + 20: 9 LCD unit with double selfie camera and 120 Hz refresh rate . Not being an OLED unit, the ID sensor was placed on the side, in correspondence with the Power button.
With dimensions of 163.8 x 75.8 8.9 mm and a weight of 202 g, Realme X50 5G is not one of the most compact smartphones around. But this is partly justified by the presence of a rather large 4200 mAh battery , rechargeable by 70% in 30 minutes thanks to the 30W VOOC 4.0 . A unit that is necessary to be larger than the average, given the high frequency of the screen.
The smartphone is driven by the last Snapdragon 765 G of Qualcomm. Made to 7 nm, it integrates a powerful CPU octa-core 1 + 1 + 6 cores at 2.4 GHz Kryo 475 and an Adreno 620 GPU, flanked by 6/8/12 GB of RAM LPDDR4X and 64/ 128/256 GB of storage UFS 2.1. To keep temperatures at bay there is a cooling system consisting of a double layer of graphite, gel and thermal pad and a copper heatpipe with steam.
In addition to the 5th generation AI system, the SoC includes a 5G modem which, with support for the n1, n41, n78 and n79 bands, allows you to connect to new generation networks. The connective compartment allows you to connect to two Wi-Fi networks simultaneously, as well as Wi-Fi and 5G together, so as not to have network problems in case of interruptions.
Speaking of the photographic department, the quad camera of Realme X50 5G is not a camera phone, but it is still very complete. The 64 + 8 + 12 + 2 MP configuration includes a Samsung GW1 primary, a 119 ° wide angle, a 20X hybrid telephoto lens and a macro. Features offered include UIS and UIS Max stabilization, 4K recording at 30 fps and Super Slow-Motion at 960 fps. On the front there is a 16 + 8 MP double selfie camera , with Samsung Sony IMX471 sensor and a 105 ° wide angle.
There is also Realme X50 5G Master Edition , available in the only maximum size of 12/256 GB . The difference lies entirely in aesthetics, with two particular finishes designed to offer a decidedly more refined design. Despite being assembled in glass, the back cover has a process with indium plating which gives the whole a more metallic taste.
Realme X50 5G – Data sheet
- 6.57 ″ Full HD + LCD display (2400 x 1080 pixels) with 120 Hz refresh rate and Gorilla Glass 5 protection;
- dimensions of 163.8 x 75.8 x 8.9 mm for 202 g;
- octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor ;
- Qualcomm Adreno 620 GPU;
- 6/8/12 GB of LPDDR4X RAM;
- 128/256 GB of UFS 2.1 storage;
- side finger scanner;
- 64 + 8 + 12 + 2 MP rear quad camera with wide angle, telephoto and macro, aperture f /1.8-2.3-2.5-2.4, autofocus and LED flash;
- dual selfie camera 16 + 8 MP with opening f /2.0-2.2 and wide angle;
- support dual SIM 4G / 5G, Wi-Fi ac Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.0, Dual-frequency GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / BeiDou, NFC, USB Type-C;
- from battery 4200 mAh with charging VOOC 4.0 to 30W;
- Android 10 operating system with Realme UI.
Realme X50 5G – Price and availability
Available in Glacier and Polar colors, Realme X50 5G is already available in preorder in China, with shipments from January 14th . Here are the list prices, although the basic model has not yet been revealed:
- 6/64 GB: ??? yuan (unknow)
- 8/128 GB: 2499 yuan ( € 322 )
- 6/256 GB: 2699 yuan ( € 347 )
- 12/256 GB: 2999 yuan ( € 386 )
- 12/256 GB Master Edition: 3099 yuan ( € 399 )